Javad Al Aeme
Brief Info about Javad Al Aeme Hospital
Javad Al Aeme hospital was founded in April 2000 on an area of 9645 square meters. The hospital is located in north-east of Iran in the city of Mashhad and is determined to provide health care for its patients, at the most exceptional level in heart and vascular care field in the country.
After leaving the ICU, you will be informed of the following issues:
- Wound care: your nurse will help you clean your wound.
- Bowel function: it is probable to become constipated after this surgery. It might be because of your medications or being less active than before. In this case, drinking fluids and eating foods such as fruits, vegetables, and grains may be beneficial.
- Stitches and wires: before leaving the hospital, the medical team will inform you of the time when the stitches and wires should be removed.
- Discomfort: you can use painkillers prescribed by your doctor to relieve the pain.
Your medical team will help you with some physical aspects of your recovery process:
- Physiotherapy routine: you can start working on it while you are still in hospital.
- Mobility: your breastbone usually needs about six to eight weeks to heal. Your nurse will help you to take care of your breastbone after cardiac surgery.
- Breathing exercises: you’ll also learn some coughing techniques and breathing exercises.
Definitely yes. When you are permitted to return home, you should ask someone to take care of you for a while. Remember to follow your doctor’s instructions about medications carefully. In addition, any recommended lifestyle changes should occur and regular appointments must be attended.
It is usually different for patients considering various factors; from their overall health condition when the operation is carried out to their body’s response to the surgery. However, you can do some special things to accelerate this process. Resting for sufficient period of time and quitting smoking are so beneficial in this regard.
You can do it as soon as you get home. Nonetheless, you should blot your incision dry and avoid rubbing. The bandages which cover the wound will fall off after a while. Otherwise, you can peel them off within 10 days.
Patients are usually allowed to drive after three weeks if they feel mentally stable, not tired. You must drive defensively since your breastbone is not completely healed for the first four to six weeks. Accordingly, an accident can have serious effect on the healing process.
It is an individual decision which depends on your body’s response to the operation. If your job does not require physical activity, three weeks are mostly enough. For those individuals who should do physical labor, six weeks are essential. If you are permitted to get a medical leave, taking one month off is highly recommended.
It will be determined by your medical team including your surgeon, cardiologist, and other specialists. They work together to select the best option. It’s significant to set an appointment with your surgeon and cardiologist immediately after leaving the hospital to be informed of the medications you must use. Besides explaining such issues for you, doctors will clarify the healing process.